Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

I have been trying to step up my game when it comes to masculine cards. With the help of
Connie and Mary, I have created a manly card... if I do say so myself! By the Tide has been the perfect masculine set for me.

 
 
 
 
 




 
 
 
Materials: 
  • Stamps: By The Tide (wood - 131910, clear - 129120), Delightful Dozen (wood- 128547, clear - 122652)
  • Paper: Crumb Cake(120953) - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
    • Night of Navy (100867) - 4 1/4" x 2 1/4"
    • Very Vanilla(101650) - 4" x 2
    • Modern Medley DSP (126926) - 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"
  • Ink: Night of Navy(126970), Marina Mist(126962), Crumb Cake(126975) (writing under the lobster, stamped off once)
  • Tools and Accessories: Oval Circle (119859) - 2" x 1 3/8", Dimensionals
 

7 comments:

  1. I love when things are not in the right 'color'...so creative and a blue lobster sure works for me! What a wonderful Father's Day card! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just figured this is what they look like before they're cooked. :) Loved the Challenge!

      Delete
  2. Greta Father's Day card! I agree with Mary, the blue really works! So glad you joined us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! It was definitely a good challenge this week. I love playing!

      Delete
  3. I love using By the Tide for masculine cards! And this one is a great one!! Love the colors! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You HAVE created a wonderful masculine card, so great for Father's Day or birthdays and more! Love the blue lobster too and the second-generation stamping behind it makes a great background! Thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love our lobster image and I like how you used the layers from the sketch for your card! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete