Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Fourth of July!

Here is my post for the Pink Paper Bakery.
 
 I felt this was a perfect place to display my patriotic card. This is a photo of my husband's grandfather when he first joined the Navy in the late 1930's.  My husband has also been in the Navy for 16 years. I am so thankful for these men and women that serve our country.
 
 
 
     I ran the embossing folder through the big shot then inked the brayer in real red. Lightly roll over the stripes. The emboss resist technique is perfect for the stars. I inked them with versamark and covered in clear powder. After heating them, sponge Night of Navy over the top. Everything takes the stain except the stars. 
 
 
Ingredients:
 
  • Stamps: Pennant Parade
  • Paper: Real Red - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
    • Night of Navy - 5 1/4" x 4"
    • Whisper White - 5"x 3 3/4" and 2"x 2"
  • Ink: Real Red, Night of Navy
  • Tools and Accessories: Brayer, Stripes embossing folder, Versamark, Clear embossing powder

 

No comments:

Post a Comment