Monday, August 19, 2013

KEEP CALM and CARRY....GARLIC?

I know Halloween is 2 months away but I actually have an itch this year to make lots of fun hand made decorations.  This has also been a great bonding experience with my son too! He is all about making things spooky.

When it comes to making specific hand made items, I have learned you have got to make due with what you have, hence the packing tape on the back of this board to hold the ribbon on. Haha!

Now, I wish I could take full credit for this, but I got the idea from a local craft store.


 
Here is a glimpse of what my door will look like on Halloween Night!
 
A photo of the back.
 
 
 
Materials:
 
  • Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge (wood - 130514, Clear - 130517), Tiny Tags (retired),
    •  Wicked Cool (retired)
  • Paper: Modern Medley: 8 1/2" x 11" (126926)
    • Basic Black (121045) (Letters)
  • Ink: Stazon Jet Black (101406), Real Red(126945)
  • Tools and Accessories: Timeless Type Alphabet Sizzlits
    • 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon (retired)
    • Stamping sponges - Sponged the edges (101610)
    • Piece of 1/4" Wooden board (cut by my husband) 8 1/2" x 11"
    • Black flat spray paint
*Baker's Tip: I used Tombo(110755) to adhere the DSP to the board.


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment