Friday, August 2, 2013

Papaya Collage

Well after finally ordering the stamp set Papaya Collage, I realized I should have went with my gut and ordered it sooner. I held off because I heard it was hard to work with, but I love a challenge!
 
So, here is my card inspired by the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary.

 
 
Materials:
 
  • Stamps: Papaya Collage (wood - 132055, clear - 126612)
    • From My Heart (wood - 132007, clear - 126557
  • Paper: Basic Black - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" (121045)
    • Smoky Slate - 5 1/4" x 4" (131202)
    • Bermuda Bay - 5 1/4" x 3/4" 131197)
    • Neutrals DSP Pack (Smokey Slate Chevron) - 5 1/4" x 2" (130132)
  • Ink: Whisper White Craft (101731), Bermuda Bay (131171), Smokey Slate (131179)
  • Tools & Accessories: Dimensionals (104430), Basic Rhinestone (119246)
*I hand cut the frame, inside and out, then put it on dimensionals. I used and x-acto knife for the inside. It was pretty easy.
 
 


 

 
 

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty! It looks like a framed chalkboard! thanks for joining us in the Color Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, great idea for the framed chalkboard! How fun! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! At convention, SU Riverton had a whole wall of framed chalkboard art. That was my inspiration. :)

      Delete
  3. I have pondered this stamp set, too! Love how you used it! The black panel inside the frame is really cool! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful!!! So simple an elegant looking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful use of the colors and a wonderful sentiment! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you make a chalkboard with this frame... such a cool way to showcase the sentiment! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of a framed chalkboard with the Papaya Collage set. Very clever...and a beautiful chalkboard! I love the little butterfly sitting playfully on the edge. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Funny how a water drop can encourage a butterfly to sit somewhere. Haha! We all have our slips and sometimes that gives us a little push towards creativity. :)

      Delete